Tuesday, June 7, 2011

This Week's Something New

I think this is an ongoing theme for me. Whether its a bookstore, restaurant or book (the sky's the limit), there is always a little discovery I come across that I want to share with you. I've decided to call it This Week's Something New. And that just happens to be a cool little movie I watched this weekend called "From Prada to Nada." Now it may sound a bit cheesy, but I was determined to watch a movie and when I saw the shorts I thought "Ok, I'll bite."

This turned out to be a funny, delightful, touching movie. It crosses cultural barriers and it will take you by surprise. It also happens to be a modern Mexican take on Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility, which I discovered when I was watching it. I quickly went to IMBD and realized that I was right. Take a look at the trailer here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvY6WPO5DMc. If you watch it I would love to hear what you think.

1 comment: