Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Project

I can't believe we are in the midst of summer already. With that comes working on projects that I have been putting off. Hence we turn to my kitchen. It's in need of major TLC. My friends know my kitchen is an enter at your own risk space. The cabinet doors may fall off when you open them. The cabinets are extremely outdated. I am painting them white and will put on handles on them. The walls are going white as well. The sink is old, old old! I would love a farmhouse sink. The counter top is the challenge. I am thinking butcher block but I'll have to price it out to see where that would put the budget. If you have any suggestions about the counter top let me know. I am thinking about ripping out cabinets and puttin in open shelving in some places. I am in the "if you can't renovate - PAINT mode. Also the fan in the kitchen needs to be updated. Cinnamon's kennel is in the back of the kitchen and unfortunately it has become a holding spot for paint, boxes etc. All that will be moved to allow for this gorgeous wood and iron armoir that is going to become our pantry. Yes I know - ambitious, but I am an ambitious kind of gal.  So now you know where I will be spending most of my summer. I'll keep you updated on my progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment