Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day To My First Love

I can't think of a more appropriate time to write about the first love of my life – my dad. His name was Gordon. He was a really great guy who marched to the beat of his own drum. He was funny and scarily intelligent. Our home was filled with philosophy and history books. He cursed like a sailor, not because of a limited vocabulary, but because he liked it! He treated people with respect regardless of who they were or where they came from. My guy friends used to come and visit us not to see me but to sit down and have debates with my dad. He was just that kind of guy. He wasn't perfect by any means but he was always there for his kids. And look he was already treating me like a queen at 3 months old. I mean what more could a girl want?

Love you dad. Happy Valentines Day.

1 comment:

  1. The description of your Dad reminds me so much of you "A great gal who marches to the beat of her own drum. Funny and scarily intelligent. Treats people with respect, regardless of who they are or where they come from." Thanks Gordon Cohen for bringing such a wonderful person into this world. Happy Valentines day my friend.
    D

    ReplyDelete