Monday, February 25, 2013

Bollywood Marathon

Soooo...My husband and I spent our weekend, when we weren't running up and down with the kids, watching Indian movies. On Friday I found this wonderful movie called Laaga Chunari Mein Daag: Journey of a Woman. It was funny, heart wrenching and romantic. Its a wonderfully woven story about love of family, sacrifice and growth. It stars Rani Mukerji as Badki, Konkona Sen Sharma as Chutki, Jaya Bachchan, as Shabitri, Abhishek Bachchan as Rohan and Kunal Kapoor as Vivaan. The movie like most Indian movies, is a treat to the senses. The music, the colors, the emotion leaves you wanting more. Oh, and did I mention the word "sensual"? I would say this is a feeling that runs through most of the movies we watched this weekend. Curtains will be flowing slowly in the wind and you're thinking "wow". All in all it was a treat. If you have a chance you should check it out.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment